We provide a service whereby we remove birds nest where we can and then put a preventive solution in place ensuring that they cannot continue to nest. Removal can only be done when the time is right and nests are empty, ensuring you are not affecting nesting birds. To eliminate the risk of the problem re-occurring, timing is critical and can only be done when birds are away from the area. Steve Jobs Maintenance offer legal and effective bird control methods to prevent damage and contamination caused by birds.
Birds can cause damage to building and serious health hazards:
– Pigeons and bird nesting can damage roofs, eaves, chimneys, building structures and equipment such as building ventilation systems which can clog and not work efficiently.
– Birds nesting may be responsible for serious health hazards by bringing parasites, spores, fleas and ticks into buildings.
– Bird faeces contain corrosive matter (uric acid) and give unpleasant smells that can penetrate through ducts and ventilation devices.
– When inhaled, the spores contained in pigeon and other bird faeces can cause diseases such as encephalitis or histoplasmosis, an incurable lung disease.
We either install bird guards which do not allow the birds to land and nest in a particular spot/area to your property.
Another solution is we provide and install wire mesh to keep out the birds. This system still allows for the eaves of the roof tiles to be able to breath and give ventilation to the air flow in the attic/roof of your property. We do not block the holes up; we make them bird proof from nesting.
We also provide chimney stack cowls to stop any birds from nesting or falling down your chimney stack. Part of this service which is optional is to have your chimney swept to ensure that there is no nesting and therefore cannot be hazardous to fire.
Benefits of bird control:
– Reduce the risk of damage to buildings and stock by fouling.
– Reduce cleaning costs and maintain a clean environment for your employees and customers.
– Eliminate unwanted smell and the potential risk of serious infection.
– Reduce the risk of disease from disease carrying birds.
– Reduce the risk of food contamination.
– Reduce the risk of accidents.